ROCK JOKA TIESI... LIIKAA!
Probably the first ever published Finnish comic that was created using a
computer (VIC-20). First came out in the Sarjari magazine issue 9/1983.
The authors were Reima Mäkinen and Riitta Uusitalo, both of whom are still
active in the Finnish comic scene.
Now, 33 years after it first saw daylight, it is time for Rock to return
home to the VIC-20 in an interactive form. Without further ado, plug in
your 16k memory expansion and run the accompanying PRG file. Use cursor keys
to scroll around.
Marq - main programming
Dr. TerrorZ - graphics retroconversion
Yzi - music
Thanks to Viznut for his tips on VIC-20 programming!
Tools used: PETSCII, cc65, Fisichella, Make, Subversion, VICE, Exomizer.
A bit lazy pure C code, but it got the job done :)
- ROCK who knew... too much!
- I'm Rock, 21 years. A goat. Goat is a ruminant and has hooves like cows
(yuck)* and sheep (yuck). Its character is however more comparable
to dog (yuck) than cow (yuck) or sheep (yuck).
- (Italian) Presenting the photos that have been selected from thousands
sent to the contest!
- Oral mucosa gets dry > feeling of thirst.
- A landscape. This composition was chosen because of the naturalness of
the theme. Keep your wrist relaxed when painting trees.
- Gait is a natural way of moving for a horse. Whizz!