Copyright (c) 2015, Jan Obergfell-Bourmer
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Any redistribution, use, or modification is done solely for personal benefit and not for any commercial purpose or for monetary gain
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.Safety First!
An innovative physics puzzler with focus on sound and game design.
First presented at Revision 2015, Game Competition
About the game:
Safety First! is a physics puzzler in which you have to fix broken electric wires using
your magical yellow repair liquid (myrl).
How to play:
Control the feet of your character with left and right thumb sticks (use a gamepad!).
Make sure to assign adequate controls in the setup dialogue.
Deploy your magical yellow repair liquid (myrl) using the "action" button.
If you fail a level 10 times, you can skip a level using the "cheat" button.
After you beat 10 and 20 levels, additional game modes become unlocked which provide new challenges.
Have fun with the game!
Feedback welcome :)
Gamecode, music, sfx, gfx: Jan C. Obergfell (jco) / 2015
Additional music (SCHSSE mode): Cell Necrosis
www.jco.de | www.aurevis.com
Created with Unity 5
- This should run on every moderatly modern PC
- Use of a dual thumb stick Gamepad is highly recommended!
Greetings fly out to:
- demoscene <3
- cool people
- people who are not so cool but might become cool in the future
- the future
Would you like to see this on steam with 200 levels, tons of variation and multiplayer modes? :)